Acrobatics 1 continues the learning of the 21 FMFs (Fundamental Movement Families) introduced in Foundations and Agility, as they relate to the thematic “compound” flip of the month.
Applying a safe, interactive and systematic approach, we cover a selection of the 21 FMFs as well as generally deconstruct and reconstruct (one) compound movement pattern during the second half of the course… Training the flexibility, strength, coordination, timing, proprioception (awareness of one’s body in space) and our unique mutual assistance techniques (usually 2 teammates) needed to safely perform the compound acrobatic movement of the day.
Will this work for me?
The acrobatics courses (independent of level) by their very nature, are challenging and physical (but also exciting and experiential!). Expect an intense full-body workout.
Need to be able to do:
You should have a level 1.5 or higher on the PME (Paragym Mouvement Evaluation). You should also be able to perform a level 2 bridge and jump.
- Cartwheels, Rolls, Jumps, Bridge, kips, whips, inversions (handstand basics), 3×3 mutual assistance techniques, to name a few…
- Font flip (with air floor and crash mats)
- Back flip (double assisted, slow motion)
- Side flip (using blocks)
- Back handspring foundations (double assisted)
- Front handspring foundations (double assisted)